Friday, October 15, 2010

A blank bristol board

Today I thought about how life is like a blank bristol board. I took a collage class a few months ago and I remember starting with a blank board and having three hours to figure out what I was going to place on my board. It was harder than I thought. Its like we are given this life, our freedom to do what we want and yet its do difficult to decide what we are going to do with it. Some people stay looking at that blank bristol board so much that their life passes them by.

It was my first collage class and even though I have done collaging for a while now as a hobby is was harder than I thought to make a piece that I knew my classmates would be critiquing. It crossed my mind to make a piece based on what I thought they would like. I had to keep myself focused on making a piece that reflected me and forget about what anyone else thought. That's how life is, some of us live our lives to please others and forget that we are given this life to live as we choose.

We all have our unique abilities. We all bring something different to the table. If we followed our hearts, if we listened to that tugging of our souls our blank bristol boards would be a unique masterpiece.

No comments: