Monday, July 25, 2011

A little inspiration

Yesterday I had the day all to myself. I had a few projects I needed to work on for some loved ones so I took a little time to get creative. Both projects are for young teenage girls who are either going to college or are already there. It seems that the mentality of teenagers changes almost as much as technology does through the generations. Its not easy to reach the youth of the times. So I looked through books and magazines for inspiration and images to collage. The words "be true to yourself" kept appearing in my mind so I decided to paint them. I've had these paints in my possession since the spring began and its only the second time I put them to use. Its all still a work in progress but painting the words on paper felt like they came to life.

From what I remember being a teenager meant I had to keep my parents happy, my friends happy, my teachers happy, and just about everyone else around me. Somehow in the midst of all that, its really hard to be true to oneself..especially when we ourselves are barely getting to know who we really are. In my 20's I began to get a glimpse of who I really was and all that I can be. At 30 years old I am still getting to know myself, yet feel more grounded, and have become an advocate for myself and my time. I've learned that if I don't stand up for myself no one else will. I've also learned how important it is to listen to my intuition. I believe all of these are part of being true to ones self. It is all a work in progress...

No comments: