Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Revelations...

     Earlier last week I posted on my Facebook that God has revealed himself to me in many ways.  This indeed is true and continues to be true.  Of course, I am a firm believer that God constantly reveals himself to us in many ways, but we are not always paying attention.  I have been feeling beyond grateful for the many blessings in my life.  It has been such a relief to finish grad school and finally begin my life's work at Mount Sinai.  The Lord opened many doors for me but this one was the one that felt right.  Only God knows what plans He has laid out for me.  I had no clue I'd be working with high risk patients who are over 65 and live with multiple chronic illnesses for the beginning of this work.  But I know that in time the purpose of this will be revealed to me.  I pray for the holy spirit to guide me every step of the way.  That I can be an instrument of His peace.  That everything that I do may be for the glory of God.  

     Working in a hospital is not for everyone.  For me, I know I am surrounded by people who have dedicated their lives to serving others every day.  When I first began my journey in contemplating my life's work, medical social work was not an option for me.  Now, I am part of the medical team.  This is a very exciting time to be part of a medical profession as things are rapidly changing for the good. The medical professions are becoming interdisciplinary teams instead of separate professions. Regardless of our titles, we all have the responsibility of providing our patients with the best care possible.  It is our duty to work together as a team.  It is a great concept that has been coming to fruition slowly but surely among the many medical disciplines.  This is also an exciting time to be part of Mount Sinai as it is expanding to become one of the largest medical centers and schools of medicine in the state.  I am looking forward to growing and learning to push the envelope of what I can do, and I know this is where I will do it.  I am already being inspired by my team who has been so supportive and amazing in such short time I have been there.  I am grateful to be part of this team and to have found my life's work.  

True humility and fear of the LORD lead to riches, honor, and long life.  
Proverbs 22:4

Each time he said, "My grace is all you need.  My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 
2 Corinthians 12:9

Whoever does not love does not know God because God is love. 
1 John 4:8



No comments: