Sunday, January 31, 2010

Through Christ..


For a long time in my life I really enjoyed making other people happy. I love my family and friends so much it was hard not to want to please them. I am grateful to God for allowing me to really enjoy all the special people in my life. I think about how my life could have been different. I could have been a young mother or a young bride and that all takes up time. Precious time to build a foundation of Trust and wait patiently for my time. I mean it wasn't easy to know I was usually the one always single. There were days I didn't appreciate being single. But for the most part I can say that I truly enjoyed it. I really got a chance to live that single life...so much that I moved to New York City so that I can finally try to please just one person--me-- for a change.

I felt the pull to New York for quite some time before I made the Leap of Faith. I am grateful to the Lord for guiding me every step of the way. It has been a true personal journey for me...one that is still beautifully unraveling itself. I feel so blessed-beyond words. I have been able to face so many fears through Christ. He has helped me cross many bridges in my life and not just the many bridges in New York City but the ones that you really do not see yourself on the other side. Through Christ I can Trust and Believe I can do everything I set my mind and heart to do.

No comments: