Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Oh Van Gogh….


Last week for class we had to recreate a famous work of art. See if you can guess which one I did, it's one of my favorites. This project was actually the most challenging so far. I originally had started out with one idea but in class I changed my mind and this is what came of it. At one point I wasn't even liking what was being created but I just kept pushing myself and it didn't turn out so bad after all. A few people familiar with the painting were able to identify my recreation. I guess I accomplished my goal. This week, however, is a whole different project. I will be working on a SELF-PORTRAIT. My instructor told us it does not have to look like us it just has to feel like us so I can do a lot with it. Let's see what gives?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose

I'm sure you'll love Greece, it's gorgeous. The small islands are pretty cheap too - lunch for 2 euros in some places! I would really recommend the book 'Greek island hopping' as the best one to help you get around. It's here on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Greek-Island-Hopping-Independent-Travellers/dp/1848483139/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277326328&sr=8-1

Enjoy!
Beth

Kerri said...

ah- starry starry night. i love vincent. ;)

Vivian said...

I like your collage there! nice mixture of colors. I think I'd like to do something like that someday -like a mosaic type thing... yah right! That's what I say about scrapbooking too -end up doing nothing. I did a couple pages once -didn't really seem thrilling to me. I almost just wanna throw some pictures in an album and thats it. Keep using your imagination and let it soar!!!!