Thursday, February 23, 2012

Just like old times...

Today I had the privilege to reunite with some of my co-workers from my previous job who have become true friends in my life. I've been so caught up in my graduate studies and just balancing everything else in my life that I hadn't taken the time to reunite with them just like old times. Honestly, my friend Christine reached out to me and reminded me of how important our lunch dates were and how important they continue to be. We have had some of the most deepest inspirational conversations with each other in just that short break we would take at work. I honestly feel that some of those conversations empowered me to follow my dream of continuing my education. So here we sat once again, coming together to share a delightful meal and some deep conversation about where we are in our lives and where we are going. I am truly grateful that we were able to come together at such short notice for some much needed fellowship.

I can't express how important friendship has been in my life. During good times and bad, it is my friends who have given me the strength and courage to take leaps of faith and when it felt like I had lost my way it is they who have reminded me of who I am and what is important to me.

Some quotes on friendship dear to my heart:

"No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends."
John 15:13

"A friend is a gift you give yourself."
Robert Louis Stevenson

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words"
author unknown

"The road to a friend's house is never long."
Danish Proverb

"Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
Albert Camus


No comments: