Saturday, February 6, 2010

"Be Still and know that I am God"


Sometimes there are just no words...and when the unthinkable happens its hard to stay in tune with the flow of life. This scripture really brings me peace whenever I am troubled. When I meditate on it, it helps me to come back to reality. It also helps me to remember that God makes it all work out for the good...even when for us it seems like the sun will not shine again.

As we get older we learn that life does go on...and we cope. Those who love God even get closer to Him as a result of their grief. No matter how we feel about life...it goes on, and even if some develop feelings of hate or resentment towards God..He continues to work His miracles in our lives.

Its always tough to lose a loved one, but its comforting to know they were a person of Faith. A person who, in spite of the many trials in her life, remained Faithful to the Lord. A person who believed in the power of God's timing and His great ability to make everything work out for the good to those who love Him. An example of forgiveness and perseverance in Christ. A life of service to her family and friends and most of all to the Lord. I know He is pleased with her, so much that it brings me peace. I am grateful to the Lord that I knew this person and was able to share some of her joy in Christ with her. I know the Lord will take good care of her spirit. Her spirit that will forever live in the hearts of many, including my own.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

No comments: