Wednesday, February 10, 2010

When we do what we love...

Sometimes I wonder if life is passing me by and I am just working to pay the bills to live a decent lifestyle or to survive on my own I should say. How much of our lives do we spend doing things that we love. For instance, I love writing. Just this blog brings me so much joy knowing I am able to express myself and maybe inspire others to do the same. Sometimes I get so caught up in the routine of life that I don't have time to do what I love. The other day was the second day of my aerobics class and I felt so great after taking it. I realized that I miss incorporating dance and music in my life. I love to let myself be driven by the sounds of the music, its so good for the spirit. I also love live music and playing musical instruments like the conga, maraca, campana, and the guiro. Those are the things that make my spirit soar!

Lately I've been trying to spend a little time everyday exploring hidden talents especially cooking and baking. Im not sure if I have a hidden talent for it but it brings me joy to cook a good meal. I enjoy it even more when I know I am having company over. I hope to one day be able to serve large groups of people. I believe food and beverages really bring people together and I truly believe that bringing people together is one of the purposes of my life.

I also love scrapbooking because how else can we remember the good times we share with loved ones if we don't document it. Scrapbooking allows us to put our very own personal touch to our memories. Its really something special.

So I pray that God can make me an instrument of his peace, that I can find the courage and motivation to do what I love and maybe someday make a living out of it. After all everything I love involves sharing with others and isn't that what the Lord wants us to do. When we do what we love, our spirit soars and everything is good.

1 comment:

Yolis said...

I like that Rosa, our "spirits soar"! I continue to discover new gifts from God's as I continue my journey in life. I also pray that we all do what we love to make our spirits soar, but in the meantime, to bring love into the work we have to do! :-)

Pa'lante! Vamos a rumbear! :-)