Monday, February 8, 2010

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace...

I have been praying all day today. This morning was a bit challenging at work. Its tough to know whether something I am feeling is really coming from God. But I prayed and prayed and asked the Lord to shed some light...and He did as He always does when we ask of Him. One of the things I have been trying to do is to let myself be led by the spirit. The Bible talks about it and it can be difficult to comprehend, what does it mean to be lead by the Spirit? Too often we want to impose our will for ourselves and make spontaneous decisions without consulting our creator who sees the bigger picture, beforehand.

So, I prayed and I thought about my options and there was only one that truly brought me peace. It wasn't at the top of my list but it really felt like the right thing to do. I don't know what tomorrow brings but I pray that God's will may be done. I know and have Faith that the Lord takes care of His people and even though we wish we can be present to provide support to our loved ones, sometimes we need to let God take care of things. I accepted that decision and prayed to be able to convey the message as graceful and compassionate as possible. I was given a grand idea by my friend Maria to write something special in place of not being present in person. What a beautiful way to be there in spirit! I am now praying for the Lord to inspire me with His Word and allow me to be able to bring some peace to those who are troubled and to express the great Faith and Courage this person had in the Lord, and be able to celebrate the life of this person who enriched so many people's lives with her faith and unconditional Love. I am not sure why the Lord allowed me to share a special bond with her just a few weeks before her passing, but I trust in His plan and know that there are truly no coincidences in life. I pray that the family can find refuge in the Lord, and I pray for the Lord can make me an instrument of His peace...


Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
when there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
Grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand,
to be loved as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying [to ourselves] that we are born to eternal life.

2 comments:

Yolis said...

No hay coincidencias, El queria que tu recibieras algo de ella antes de que se marchara. Esta es una de mis oraciones favoritas, how challenging it is to allow him to use us as instruments! The day our will is the same as God's will for us, that day we discover infinite happiness. I'm striving to get there!

Wil said...

This prayer is so powerful. I ask the LORD everyday day to give me the Strength and the Wisdom. To use me as a instrumnet so i can go out there and help those in
need of help. Like he has help me (not only once or twice but everyday of my life). With out his love and words we are nothing.........